Where to begin? This is like my 4th blog. I keep starting blogs at different periods in my life and do pretty well at keeping them up. Then eventually they fall by the wayside. I can't tell yet if this one will be any different. I have alot of thoughts floating around in my head lately. I'm a single mom working from home, so my human interaction (except for the world's most adorable 5 month old baby girl!) is limited, which means I don't get much chance to share all those thoughts. Hence the blog.
For starters, I guess I'll introduce myself even though the likelihood is that if you're reading this blog, you already know me. But maybe you don't, so back to the introduction. I'm experiencing something new and really crazy in my life -- motherhood. And not just any motherhood -- single motherhood. I know millions of women have been single moms before me and even been single moms to more than just one child. But every experience we have is unique to ourselves, and this is my journey. Saying that being a single mom is hard is an understatement, but I am going to do my best not to go overboard with the complaining. If it gets out of hand, you have my permission to tell me to reign it in.
So anyway (my favorite segue by the way) do you ever look at your life and try to remember what you were doing this time last year? And then look at the difference between then and now? I do this all the time. I've been blessed with an excellent (some might say scary) memory. It's pretty easy for me to remember where I was, what I was doing, etc. from years ago. So what were you doing mid December 2010? Me? I was in the middle of a horrible breakup which resulted in my becoming a single mom. It's a long and dramatic story that includes an international border crossing. I was 2 months pregnant at the time. (Perhaps a post for another time.) This time last year, my world was falling down around me. The months following were filled with lots and lots of tears. But slowly things changed.
It's so amazing all the things that can happen in a year. God took such a horrible situation and turned it into something beautiful. Ruby is 5 months old today, and she has rocked my world. I love being a mom so much more than I ever thought I would. This is Ruby's first Christmas, and it is already looking a million times better than last Christmas.
This post brought to you by the Very Best of Neil Diamond (I love Spotify!)
Kinsey I am so very glad that your life has taken such a dramatic upturn in the last year. Ruby is a blessing to us all and so are you. I know it's hard but you are doing a great job as a mom. Having Ruby has caused you to grow a lot as a person, which you might not have done otherwise, and will only continue to do that as you respond to the situation as you have been. Hang in there, do what you gotta do every day, every hourHave a great Christmas time. I love you and look forward to seeing you. Hope your cough goes away.
ReplyDeleteVery glad you've decided to start blogging again. I've missed being able to interact with you.
ReplyDeleteHave a merry Christmas, and rest assured that your new blog has at least one faithful reader already!